Update: Here’s my schedule for San Diego Comic-Con:
- Friday 10:00 – “Graphic Novels: Words & Pictures” Panel in Room 23ABC
- Friday 11:30 – Signing books in Autographing Area (AA09)
- Friday 2:30 – Signing books at First Second Booth (1323)
And if you can’t make it to SDCC, you can still “Ask Me Anything” on Reddit, Saturday (July 20) at 10 am Pacific time (1 pm Eastern).
Hope to see you there!
Artists LeUyen Pham & Alex Puvilland and I had so much fun collaborating on our graphic novel Templar, we hated to stop! So we’ve gone and made another book together: The Making of Templar. And we’re giving it away for free.
As usual for our projects, this one grew to be a little bigger than we expected — but no regrets. The Making of Templar is an 86-page e-book, lavishly illustrated with LeUyen and Alex’s sketches and behind-the-scenes materials, in which we discuss our work process and five-year journey making Templar. Topics include:
- differences between writing for comics and film/video game writing
- character design
- writing and storyboarding action sequences
- historical research
- creative collaboration
You can download the free e-book here. And if you haven’t read Templar yet, never fear; we’ve steered clear of spoilers.
We hope you enjoy The Making of Templar — and Templar, too!